Friday, December 17, 2010

Here comes the sun.

For the past few days, it's been in the twenties in NYC, and it's been so cold in my apartment that I want to cry.

In the mornings, I sit at my work table to check my emails and my twitters and eat breakfast. And if it's sunny out, the sun comes through the window next to me. And it is warming - so much more warming than anything else I encounter all day long lately.

It's like that this morning. I know it is freezing outside - much less than freezing, actually. But the sun, so warm; I want to curl up in it like a cat. I do not, at all, want to walk away from it, to take off these warm clothes and put on something less comfortable and soft than pajamas, or - ohdeargod - to go out into the unforgiving cold.

And that is why I'm going to be late for work today.

No comments: