Monday, May 31, 2010

Is it ever that simple?

Well, OK. I have seven kidney stones. And instead of just having them blowed up and getting on with my life, I had to go get all scary ill and spend a bunch of time in the hospital. Come on, this is me we're talking about here. Like I could just do something normal and easy? So of course I'm going to tell you all about it, but because I like to pretend I'm a writer and/or because I like to try to pull something productive out of the ridiculous situations that get created in my life, I'm going to do so in a series of installments entitled: Dear The Hospital, This Is Not a Love Song. You'll love it, I promise.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

AAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!! Seven?

melissa bastian. said...

I keep debating: should my response to this be "I never do anything half way." or "I'm an overachiever!"?

I'd say I'm the proud mother of septuplets, but I 'sploded one of my babies into multiple smaller bits, which I suppose makes me a not very good mother.