Saturday, August 15, 2009

So here's the thing. (Notes from The Subway Project.)

I know. You're so super duper sick of my excuses that you're not even going to read this blog post. And I don't even really blame you for that. But I'm going to tell you what's happening anyway.

At the moment it's really hard for me to type because my right hand is so messed up. Why? I don't really know. What I do know (thanks to an MRI) is that I have a pinched nerve on the left side of my neck. It's basically just being folded in to a general flare-up of my chronic illness. This has not left me in a good position to do any subway riding.

I know. You hate me.

I have material for at least four posts for you! And when I can type better I will post them! Among other things, I promised you I was going to bring back pics of the D.C. Metro, and I did I did! I haven't shown them to you yet because I suck, or more specifically because my body sucks and it isn't letting me do the things I'd like to at the moment.

But look. The project isn't abandoned - far from it. In fact, come early September I have a date to ride the J train. I have high hopes of being more functional by that point, and I'll have a partner, and damnit I have determination.

I know what you're thinking. She hasn't posted the G train yet.

Bear with me lovelies.

Until then, a consolation prize.

Treehugger's "World's Best Alternative Subway Maps". Unsurprisingly, NY is heavily featured. Wish I could give you the whole slideshow here, but they're not so big on the embed features. Anyway...

Thanks Dan!

No comments: