Sunday, May 31, 2009

What's the deal?

It's been positively ages since I've posted on this blog for some reason. Well, actually it's for the normal reason: I've been stupid busy. And it seems that it'll only get worse: Friday before last I was given what I'm referring to as a pseudo-promotion. What, exactly, does a pseudo-promotion entail? Well, basically a lot more responsibility and work with no title and no more pay. Woo! Gotta love it.

I'm feeling pretty overwhelmed right now - I want to be watching what I eat and exercising more, I need to get to at least three doctors, I have a zine fest to get ready for, I have company coming into town at the end of the month, I still have to figure out how to move out of and then rent out my studio... and, you know, I'm now trying to plan a wedding long distance. And then there's also all of my normal stuff I'd like to keep up with, that I'm clearly not keeping up with, like my Etsy stores and writing and blogging. I simultaneously feel like there's no possible way I can do everything I need to do, and like a weak pitiful failure for even feeling daunted by the task of figuring it all out. I know the answer must lie somewhere in the middleground, as it always does. I'm terrible at finding middlegrounds.

It's rapidly approaching 11pm, and I need to get myself to bed. Yes, really. One crucial element to getting things done when life is crazy is to get enough sleep; another is to start early. Tonight and tomorrow I intend to do both.

Of course, you know what they say about good intentions.

No comments: