Thursday, March 5, 2009

Food, Inc.

If I hadn't recently figured out that Marion Nestle, my semi-hero, keeps a blog about the goings on in the food industry, I wouldn't have heard about this. I am now extremely excited and full of anticipation for a documentary called Food, Inc. According to Nestle it's everything it should be, and I'm inclined to trust her opinion.

And it's not just her opinion I'm going on - according to the website the movie includes interviews of several of my favorite people, including Michael Pollan and Eric Schlosser, author of Fast Food Nation. Schlosser is an awesome speaker; in his interview in the extras on the DVD of Supersize Me he succinctly addresses so many of the food industry issues that confound me.

The website in and of itself is a great resource to have stumbled upon; it's stuffed full of information and links to old favorites like The Meatrix, and to new things that I've never even heard of. Ah, my food education, it never ceases.

Go ahead, watch the trailer. Just be prepared - because oh, my, god.

I CANNOT WAIT for this to be in an actual theater, or otherwise available. If you hear anything, lemme know; I'll do likewise.

1 comment:

Genevieve said...

Eeeeehhh. God. I've been planning to grow my own vegetables, and I think I just got a kick in the ass to do it.