After the working day and the drugstore run I didn't arrive home to my sickie until about 7pm, at which time he was already quite hungry. I fed him a piece of the chocolate breakfast cake I made last night to stave him off for a minute, and then set about creating a soup with what we happened to have sitting in the kitchen. Fortunately we've been doing a little cooking lately so I had some things to work with. The result was something like this:
All into my smallest double-handed pot went:
- four cups of water
- two Rapunzel bullion cubes - sea salt and herb flavor
- half of a yellow onion, coarsely chopped
- one small vine tomato, cut into small chunks
- two heaping teaspoons-ish of jarred minced garlic
- half a cup of a good tomato sauce that we still had half a jar of in the fridge
- half a yellow bell pepper, also cut into small chunks
- one package of Nasoya cubed super-firm tofu - that stuff is sooo convenient when what you're looking for is little cubes of super-firm tofu
Sadly, I don't have any pictures, since we both ate our soup pretty fast and it was a small batch... but, you know. It pretty much looked like a vegetable soup, without very many vegetables and with cubed tofu.
Anyway, it got some fluids and warmth and salt into my sickie, and made him feel loved and cared for. It also tasted damn good. So all in all I'd say mission accomplished.