Wednesday, October 8, 2008

I'm officially an anthology whore.

And I quote:
Dear Ms. Bastian,
We would like to include "The Starling" in our anthology. Compensation is your choice of a contributor copy or $10. Please let us know if you accept, and if so, whether you want the contributor copy or the payment. We will also need a brief bio and a snail mail address. Thank you for sharing your talent.

So I'll officially be a published author! That is, outside of my zines, my blogs, and my high school and college literary journals. Which of course all "count", but are a distinctly different thing. As soon as I know how the anthology can be purchased fear not, I'll be bothering you about it incessantly.

And as far as my enormous payment, I think I'll be taking the contributor copy, thanks.

2 comments:

Genevieve said...

Dude! Congratulations! What anthology is it?

melissa bastian. said...

thanks man. it's put together by Gryphonwood, and i believe it will be called "Tales of Loss". mine may be the only story in the whole thing that doesn't involve a dragon or sea beast of some kind, but i'm alright with that... don't worry, i'll definitely be letting you know when and where it's available when it's out.