Saturday, October 4, 2008

Dear VeganMoFo, why I get no love?

Oh my dear VeganMoFo,

I just don't understand. What am I doing wrong? Where have I gone astray? I thought I was doing right by you, VeganMoFo, being true to the things we'd agreed on, the things we believe in and hold dear. I thought I'd been faithful. I've held up my part of the bargain.

I've been blogging.

I've been tagging.

I've been bannering.

I've left comments, ohh I've left comments. I've left my url's sitting around conspicuously, out for anybody who cared to see them, along with polite requests for addition.

But my pleas seem to fall upon deaf ears: I am not listed, I am not referenced, I certainly receive no visits from interested MoFoGoers. In fact, all of my comments are still "awaiting moderation". Why, I ask you VeganMoFo? Why, oh why do you spurn me so?

I don't want to believe that it's because I'm just not cool enough to be in the inner circle of vegan blogging. I don't want to think that I'm being intentionally shunned. I mean, I am vegan. And I do write on vegan topics on a regular basis. And we're not supposed to be an elitist crowd. But tell me, VeganMoFo, how could I help but feel as such? Of course, I don't expect you to answer that.

But let me ask just this one question of you VeganMoFo, and give the answer straight with no pulled punches: is this because I live in Queens?

3 comments:

Veganmofo said...

Dear Melissa Bastian,

While it is possible it is because you live in queens, It's more likely that google blog thinger only just found your blog.

Don't give up. Love,
Veganmofo.

melissa bastian. said...

Dear VeganMoFo,

I knew if I said your name enough times something would happen! Thanks for the encouragement.

melissa bastian. said...

Hmmm. The mystery is unraveling. It seems that tagging posts with "veganmofo" and adding the banner image aren't enough - I actually have to put the word into the title or text. Possibly both. Hmm...