Monday, August 18, 2008

Patient: the thing that I'm not.

Ok. So we're hanging the show tonight at the shop. I'm supposed to meet the ever wonderful Sarah there at 9:15. P.M. At night. As in, not for another SEVEN HOURS. Right now, my inner self is running around the rooms inside my brain, smashing things, yelling, "I WANNA GO NOOOOWWWWWW!!!!!" See, when something makes me nervous, I feel best to just dive right in and get it done. NOW.

But alas. Right now, the shop is full of people that might be rather irritated with us shoving them out of the way to hang pictures above their heads. It might not be the best for business. And actually we're just kind of hoping that business will be slow over there later tonight. You never know.

Now, there are other things I could be doing. For instance, I still haven't printed the zine. But I don't know how long that's going to take, and I'm afraid that I'll end up rushing or late, something else that I can't abide. The weather has also chosen today to go ahead and get ungodly hot, never a situation I deal well with. So I don't particularly want to run around the concrete heat sink of a city, and the studio may as well be a greenhouse on days like this.

I know. I'm doing that impossible thing again. I can't help it.

It's not like I haven't done anything. I have. I've made a price list, and little tags to go beneath all of the paintings and photographs and letterpress prints. They need to be put on backing, though, and that of course is at the studio. Here I don't even have black construction paper. That, of course, is due to nothing but my own shortsightedness.

Alright, I'm going to shut up and go make something happen now, because I'm driving myself crazy.

No comments: