Saturday, August 23, 2008

Instead of preparing for my event tonight, I'm watching videos.

There's so much stuff on youtube from the storm, the original broadcasts that I watched while I was evacuated. It's spooky to relive, but then it's about the best tool there is for remembering just how bad it was... This one is an interview with Harry Connic, Jr. He always annoyed the crap out of me. He's the son of the former Kenner Police Chief, which is hilarious, and he's not that great a musician. But when he actually went in there and started praying over dead bodies (not shown here, but I remember it clearly) I gained a lot of respect for the man. Many other famous people got up on screen and talked about how much they supported the people of New Orleans; very few of them were willing to get into a boat or walk into the Convention Center where people were desperate and dying.

No comments: